Pages

Monday 28 June 2010

Innocence

My friend has recently had a baby, Kyra, another friend is due soon, and my sister, her due date is drawing near as well.

As I held Kyra Sunday night, ad looked upon her tiny face, cherry cheeks and rosebud mouth. The look of purity and innocence and peace was like none I'd seen before.

Today's world and generation is far from what I saw on that baby's face, our world is filled with all sorts of immoral things, which I couldn't even begin to list.

As chattering and laughing swirled me and that baby girl, she slept in complete peace, unaware of all the things going on around her. If only we as Christians could just 'tune out' to the things of the world and 'sleep' in peace.

But obviously we can't as you get older and older you become aware of everything that goes on around you. Even as a toddler you no longer hold the innocence you did as a baby, one of the first words the children learn is 'no'.
"Do you want to do this?" "No", "Come here", "NO"! As you can see this is FAR from innocent.
In this world today you can't be innocent. There are always going to be things that you simply can't 'sleep' around, you'll wake up and realise the reality. But even with these distractions we shouldn't just give it away either, yeah sure, there are things that you and I can't hide but just because we live in an immoral world we should NOT let the devil lead us to believe that we have to be part of it/them.

Sometimes I hear/see things that make me feel dirty, and really I can't NOT hear/see them their right there! But even with this sense of 'sprirtual innoncence' beeing gone I live in peace knowing that Jesus' blood can freely wash over me and remove any stains that may have left from that experiance.

No comments:

Post a Comment