Pages

Saturday 31 July 2010

Goodbye July, Welcome to AUGUST!

Today is the 31st of July, so much has happened in the previous months and I know that this year still has SO much more to bring.

I'm still adjusting to class life, I definitely 'prefer' the other class, but the rest of the year doesn't look as bad as it did when the changeover actually happened.

I don't know if you know but my mum is overseas with my sister (who I just visited). My sister, Nicole, is pregnant with a baby with Skeletal Dysplasia, (a genetic deformity) she also has a blog (my initial inspiration to start my own) called Holding on to Hope.

Her and her husbands journey is a story of trials and tribulations that they have endured to hold out for the prize. I truly believe that their story and this little girl will bless SO many people. I too will Hold on to the Hope of your story.

Anyway, yeah, my mum is over there for the birth (which has NOT occurred yet) of this little girl. My dad and I are at home, by ourselves. 'Trying' to juggle everything that mum does. I have NO idea how on earth she does it. Mum you are my wonder woman!

But anyways, there's still about a week left until mum comes home and me and dad are already anxiously waiting for the day when she arrives!

At youth last night one of the guys gave a talk and again and just this one statement that he made struck me.
"Our walks with God are like a road, when you turn a corner you don't know what's coming, you don't know if there's a car there, or a pothole. It's always the unexpected. But we need to be like little children, because if a young child is afraid they with cling to their mum or dad. We need to cling to God".
Lately my life has been a turn in the road. For some people this would have been as easy as anything but for me? Well that's another story. All I know is that this stretch of road doesn't last forever and if I cling to my father and seek his face he will NEVER let me go.

It is getting better, and hey? The best is yet to come! Hello August 2010!

2 comments:

  1. Miss you too Ash. I know the waiting is all part of the experience. I am so looking forward to the birth of this precious baby. I only hope and pray it will be soon. I know that you are doing great. Thanks for your words of encouragement. If I am your wonder woman does that make Dad superman? Love you heaps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well actually Wonder woman never married, so no dad would not be superman...he has his own girl, sorry mum. =D

    ReplyDelete