Pages

Monday 19 July 2010

H.K. - Day 12 & 13

DAY 12
My 2nd last day, last night as you know we went to go see Toy Story 3 and Lana didn't end up going to bed until about 12pm at night. She slept in this morning and we all knew that she would nap for a long time.

We were supposed to go to church this morning but Nicole and Bernard decided that it probably would be best for all of us if we stayed at home. Mainly because we were going out to dinner and we knew that it would be another late night for all of us, particularly Lana.

The morning and most afternoon was spent at home in comfort and relation. Truly, I kinda felt bad for not going to church but in other ways it felt good to know that people won't hold anything against us or have their own 'personal' opinions about the things you do that somehow EVERYONE knows.

I think sometimes you can get so caught up in everyone else's life that you forget to look at you own. But anyway that's not what I did today is it?

So the afternoon we didn't do anything although I did go to Park 'n' shop which is pretty much a regular grocery shop except this one was an international one so I went there to grab some snacks for the plane trip. Necessities such as a Kit Kat, Picnic, Extra gum and a packet of chips.

I came home after that and sat around some more until it was time to get ready to go out to dinner at the Disneyland Resort. It was beautiful. It looked exactly like a plantation house...minus the slave quarters at the back.

We walked around for a while admiring the gardens...which were BEAUTIFUL at this time of year. We explored through the maze and chatted with our friends. As I walked around taking pictures of the flowers I made an interesting discovery!

These 'beautiful' white flowers looked exactly like one of Australia's biggest plant pests. I felt the leaves and confirmed that this bush was...LANTANA! It took a bit of convincing to get Nic to believe me but in the end, I was right.

This started a new conversation about pests, I left the conversation when it started to get boring saying to myself,
"At least I got a good picture of it"
Around this time another of Lana's friends arrived and we headed inside to the restaurant still waiting on two of Lana's friends. In the end they didn't arrive until half and hour later and by that time we had already started on our buffet dinner.

The was TONNES of food, and even more laughter and conversation. The night was lots of fun and when we took the kids to the playroom I'm sure all our stomachs were sagging on the ground.

We played with the children for about two hours then headed off to the Disney shop where Lana bought a Tigger, Pooh Bear, Eeyore and some clips. I got a matching Eeyore. With that we happily trotted out to our cab.

The trip home was slow and we were all eager for our beds, when we found them we all fell fast asleep.

Day 13
I leave today...WOW. It has all gone so quickly. Today we don't really have a plan other than unpack, re-pack kinda thing. Although I do plan to go to the markets today.

My flight doesn't leave till late so I have the whole day to do stuff. The morning was spent as usual except today we all slept in till about 9am. When we woke up Lana had missed Banana's in Pajamas we woke up so late. But that's ok because she was still able to watch Playschool.

When Lana went down for her nap, I headed out to the markets. There was a vast array of items, clothes, fabrics, toys etc. I walked up and down the streets admiring all the items on display. I didn't stay for long but the time I did I enjoyed thoroughly hoping that one day I'll be able to do the same sort of thing with my friends.

When I came home Lana was asleep and Nicole was able to go out. We decided we wouldn't go shopping or anything like that but we would go out for lunch. Jaspers was the lucky restaurant that got to have us for lunch.

Our meals we large and satisfying and the service was not bad either. When we had finished our lunch we headed out to brace the hot summer humidity. While we hailed a cab Nic noticed someone she knew they chatted for a while, when the cab arrived we said our good-bye and headed home.

The rest of the day went by quickly and before I knew it we were getting ready to walk out the door. Many thanks to Nicole, Bernard, Lana and bub-to-be who have been so hospitable during my stay.

I have to go now so farewell Hong Kong, I'm once more heading to the sky's.

No comments:

Post a Comment