Pages

Saturday 24 July 2010

Home Safe and Sound

Sorry this post is few days late, but life has been hitting me hard. The flight was smooth and safe, and now I think I have almost fully recovered from the lack of sleep on the plane.

Basically as my mum and I were in the car on the way home she hit me with news that wasn't about to make my day. I was changing classes. From the normal-your-at-the-right-level-with-your-learning class to the 'smart' class.

To most people this would be an honor, something new, something to look forward to. To me well it's almost like changing schools. Maybe I just gawk at the idea of 'new'...'change'.

There is a whole new way of school life. The idea to me which would have been kind of freaky either way but it crushed my world at that moment. I broke down. I was tired and emotional after an overnight nine hour plane trip.

I spent the rest of the car trip home in tears trying to comprehend the idea of changing classes. To me it just seemed insanely scary in a sense. I didn't want to have to leave my friends in classes, I wanted to be WITH them.

We talked about it for a little while and I shared this with my parents. I think it helped that they knew how I felt about the entire thing but in the end the decision was made. I was going to change classes.

This wasn't what I wanted, this wasn't what I had planned. Even still I think it will take a little bit of getting used to. But seriously if you look at the first sentence in this paragraph. It just doesn't seem right.

In a way I think that this situation will help me grow in my walk with God, but I also think that this situation lines up with our daily Christian walks. Sometimes things are going to pop up that we don't like and we're going to say
"This isn't what I want, this isn't what I have planned!"
And God is going to be like,
"Ashleigh (or whatever your name is) this is good for you"
My parents didn't make this decision to hurt me, they did it because this is what they think is best for me! And that's what God does. He does what is best for you personally.

Even though I don't like this class at the moment, I know in my heart that it IS what is best for me and I will try my hardest to accept whatever happens in this situation.

Please pray for me in these classes, as I have ALOT of catching up to do. I hope I have encouraged you and given you some sort of new perspective in whatever situation you are in.

But above all, God loves you with ALL his heart and whatever you a going through is for the perfection of your soul.

1 comment:

  1. praying for you ash....hope you cope with this massive change :)
    love you LOADS
    cinta
    xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete