Pages

Saturday 10 July 2010

H.K. - Day 4

The morning began as usual, the routine followed the regular pattern, all went per normal.

Except today, after Lana's playtime, when she would usually have a nap, when Nicole put her down, sleep was FAR from her mind.

She kept on sitting up in bed, and Nicole was getting agitated. Eventually she said "Lana I am shutting the door now" (She had previously been threatening this) to which a cry sounded but Nicole unmoved shut the door.

About half an hour later we began to not only hear her knocking on her door but opening the cupboard doors. Nicole not wanting to have to re-hang and re-fold all of Lana's clothes arose and went to investigate!

When she arrived she found Lana putting her toys and dummies inside the drawers then retrieving them. Nicole realized that Lana was NOT going to go to sleep. She got her up and let her stay up for another hour, after which she slept soundly.

The plan had always been, even before I arrived that we would go to the peak this afternoon ... so that's what we did. When Lana woke up we headed down to the M.T.R station (a train in other words, except MUCH cleaner and MUCH quicker).

Before we arrived at the entry of the North Point station we de-toured past the bank to get some cash out, and while I was watching Lana, I also looked out onto the street and as my eyes roamed the dirty streets I noticed that the line to something I enjoy profusely was very short...Little Eggs (or Gai dan tzai).

So while Nic got money I went and got me some Little eggs. It took longer than we thought, but it was ok because, we weren't actually catching the M.T.R we were only meeting somebody there.

Maybe I should fill y'all in on who we are meeting and why? Well, Nicole has a bible study group, that was the who and they all wanted to meet up again before the baby was born. Hence we are meeting at the Peak.

So now that you know that I'll continue with my story... we were meeting one of the ladies at the M.T.R station, and so once we found her we hopped into a taxi and off we sped up the mountain.

I had a flashback of the many times we had slowly made our way up Mt. Ousley, except I think the roads up to the peak dare I say seemed almost stepper and curvier, it was that or the taxi drivers driving.

We soon arrived and bounded out of the car grateful to stretch our legs again after the long drive.

We were a bit late, so might I say with some sort of exuberance we arrived at the restaurant, to see that one of the ladies and her two children were already there.

We had already eaten lunch so we ordered some pavlova. Although I think the pavlovas in Australia are MUCH nicer...especially when they are homemade. Still these were nice.

We sat and talked, and watched the children play until it was time to go home. We then hopped in a taxi and drove home. When we arrived home we took Lana to the park that was already filled withed children. We stayed for a while, but it was still pretty hot so we came back to the apartment pretty soon.

Dinner was nice, and we watched Johnny English, because we all needed something light and before long the apartment was filled with giggles and laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment