Pages

Wednesday 14 July 2010

H.K. - Day 8

Today we again spent the morning in peace, not necessarily quiet, but it was nice, as usual. We had a couple of things to do today so it was very nice to not need to worry about doing anything in the morning.

After breakfast, Banana's in Pajamas and Play School, it was time for Lana's nap, today while she was sleeping I planned to go downstairs to the mall. So that's what I did!

When I arrived which was about 11am, half of the shops were only just opening! Some were STILL closed. In Hong Kong the shops open at about 11am and close REALLY late at night. So Hong Kong is very much more night centered. And because it's dark at night Hong Kong is very well lit.

Anyway back to my story, most of the shops were closed so I spent a lot of my time just walking around waiting for some of the shops to open! When they did there still wasn't much and when there was it was kind of hard to gage sizing if you know what I mean, because all the sizing is different over here.

In the end I didn't get anything but that was ok, I enjoyed just simply walking around and taking it all in.

After my shopping expedition, and Lana's nap it was off to see some missionary friends from the states, as we were going to their apartment for lunch. Lunch was good, and the chatting and laughter was even better.

We stayed for a little while longer at our friends house but headed out pretty quickly as we were meeting up at the toy library with Lana's friend's again today. Last time we came I played with Lana in the toy library but instead today I actually looked for books.

When I came over to Hong Kong I packed four different books, which I finished within the first week, so when Nic or Bernie was on the computer and Lana was in bed I was left with practically nothing to do.

So this time while we were at the library I borrowed 3 books, which I hoped would last me a little while...but we'll see.

After the kids finished playing in the toy library we went downstairs to the little cafe for a snack (well a drink anyway). Lana and her friends spent the afternoon running around, and the mums and me? Well we chased them around in circles.

By the time we were ready to go we were ALL hot and sweaty, and looking forward to going home.

The evening was spent in bliss, and thanks to Bernie Tomb Raider was finally working so we watched that, all in all the day was good, but now it's gone and we are looking forward...

To TOMORROW!

No comments:

Post a Comment