Pages

Thursday 7 October 2010

Catching Up

OK, this post has taken me a while to publish and for that I'm sorry. It's taken me a while to actually get on a computer. I'll try and combine the last couple of days in this post, make sure I put up some pictures...so yeah hopefully I'll be able to catch up on it all.

So yeah here goes...

We made our way down to Pambula, it was a long three hour drive, through flat plains, down a mountain...all in all it was just tiring.

But thank goodness we didn't leave straight away first we made our way to Floriade. Again like in Bowral the flowers were GORGEOUS! All out in bloom but because we made it to the festival a little late some...or a lot of the flowers were wilting/browning. But that's OK the majority of the flowers were in great condition.

I took plenty of pictures and most of the time I was left to trail behind while my mum and aunt wandered up on ahead. They had several different displays on, such as the 'Follow the yellow (yallo =D) brick road', 'Cloud dreaming', 'Aladdin's lamp', 'Native Garden' etc.

In each of the displays they placed the flowers out so that when looked at from above their shape and format will look like the theme...get it?

So that was all really nice, and at the end we decided to go onto the Ferris wheel, to get just a nice view of the whole thing. It was great we could see what all or most of the designs and themes were supposed to be, and supposed to be seen as...it was quite something to see all the designs and such.

After Floriade, we made our way to Pambula, which I've already said was a long tiring drive. Anyway we were warmly welcomed my my Aunt and Uncle, and for a while we just sat catching up, eating chips and cheese and crackers.

It was really nice. We spent the rest of the afternoon and evening watching the Commonwealth games, dinner was great. My Aunt had made a homemade meat-pie...it was SO good. At around eleven we made our way to bed.

I slept really well, woke up late (as usual, I'm always the last one up) to the smells of brekky. They put on a feast for us! Bacon, eggs and tomato...it was really good. We didn't stay at their home for much longer after that.

My Aunt showed us around Pambula for a little while and then we began the long 6 hour journey home. I think I managed better then, in that trip than I did when we were going to Pambula from Canberra!

We didn't do the trip in one big chunk we stopped twice on the way home, once to look around Mogo town, and the next to have dinner in Nowra. Mogo town has to be one of my favorite places to go too. I just love the whole town and the feel it has about it. Whenever we go camping we always go there for a day...to look around, buy some knick-knacks...you know?

So we stayed in Mogo for about an hour then headed back to the car. On the way home I kept on seeing these gorgeous pinky-purple flowers on the side of the road...I liked them so much that I told (asked politely) mum to pull over and let me pick some!

Which she did...I love you mum! They were really pretty as I guessed, so I took some pictures and picked 5 little flowers...other than the fact that they stunk, it was really nice. About half an hour later one of the flowers petals started falling off, then the next and the next until I had none left *tear*.

So that was the end of that...at least I got some pictures. So by the time my last wilted flower dropped it's petals we were in Nowra. Where we stopped and had wraps at Opporto. YUMMM!

40 minutes later we arrived home, ahhh it's such a nice feeling. So that's where my little expedition ends...sorry this post took so long to write. I'll make sure I post some pictures soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment