Pages

Wednesday 1 December 2010

A Season of Joy!

Christmas is on it's way, and one week ago I was sure I could feel the breath of summer...but now...God has opened the floodgates of heaven. And as disappointing as the lack of sun may be...and the hilarity that my friend is peeling while it's cold-ish...I think that the rain is simply GLORIOUS!



I think (I know...isn't it amazing!)...hahaha...anyway, I think that the rain smells GREAT. I think that rain can both heal and destroy a land, rain has the power to either cheer people up or make people feel worse.


Rain! I just love it! And because our school is on a flood plain we get SO SO many puddles when it rains, my friends and I spend much of our school days 'Singing in the Rain', or 'Splashing in the Rain'!

Speaking of school I'm counting down the days till it's let out!!! I'll miss two days to go camping down the coast at Pebbly Beach! SOO looking forward to it. Thank-fully I won't be alone camping away with my mum and dad, my bestie Kaitlin will be joining us...YAY....

Dreaming of beach filled days, trips to Mogo town and zoo, sunburn, sunrises...ahhhh....Can't wait! The glories of camping! We used to always go camping as a family but now with both Nic and Ant living overseas, it makes camping as a family difficult.

Even with Ant coming back for Chrissy this year he won't be able to make it in time for our camping trip...*tear*....but we'll survive, May his praise be continually on my lips...

Ok...going back to Christmas. Today I gave out my first Christmas presents of the season, little brown paper packages tied up with coloured ribbons (Gorgeous, if I do say so myself!), these were for all my bestest buddies! Candles for one, headbands for another, a watch for someone special, and a pencil case to reflect ones personality.

Christmas shopping is now at full speed. Ideas are rushing in and out of my head, along with the money in my near empty wallet =D, but thats ok, God will provide all my needs according to his riches in glory!

And my prayer daily is that during this busy, but merry season, we will continue to have God at the TOP of our priority list instead of the shopping, the cooking, and even the giving, that we will remember the TRUE meaning of CHRISTmas, and make the TRUTH the centre of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment