Pages

Monday 8 November 2010

Who I want to Be...

There is a person behind every cold glare that is longing to be loved, even in every warm smile there is a soul longing for affection. Everybody has goal, places they wish they were, places they want to go, who they want to be.

I don't know all that yet, I know I want to travel the world and share the sights with everyone I know, I know I want to serve God wholeheartedly, I know that I want to help the helpless, I know that I want to be the one that people turn to, I want to be the light, the joy the fun.

I know that I don't want to be cold, hated or mean, I don't want to be a warning to others I don't want to be pityed, I don't want to be disregarded, I don't want to be rejected for who I am.

On the bus this morning I revised the person that I want to be and to be seen as. I found that I want....
  • I want my praise and worship to God to be genuine,
  • I want to be changing and moving forward (not backwards) in my relationship with God,
  • I want to be a good example to others,
  • I want to be loved for who I am, not who I'm TRYING to be,
  • I want to be a lighthouse to the lost,
  • I want to shine brightly in this world, so that no-one will not know that I am a child of God,
  • I want to have a caring heart, a loving heart, I want my heart to be compassionate towards others,
I want my life to be filled with these things, I want my life to be overflowing with God and the things of him, I have plenty of things I want to be and don't want to be, I'm praying that I'll be able to achieve all this and more for the glory of my God.

1 comment:

  1. wow ash...its amazing how much of those things you already are and do..
    miss you so much right now <3 xoxox

    ReplyDelete