Pages

Tuesday 1 March 2011

Too Long

Man, my life is so boring. My sister, she blogs like twice a week and I'm lucky now to get in about twice a month! I don't know if it's just because I'm lazy and and unmotivated or the fact that I know what I write is not going to make any large changes in the world.

It's not going to be emotional, or life-changing. Just on comparison to my sisters blog again, she writes not just for her own personal enjoyment but for her readers. She has so many followers and half the time I don't even know if I'm the only one that reads my own blog.

It's kinda depressing to make that comparison so I'm not gonna go there. But yeah my life is not all that interesting. And now that I sit down and think about it, I have no real reason to write this other that for myself.

And now that I think about I don't lead an awfully interesting life that people want to hear about, because they do exactly the same things in their daily lives. And I don't think you want to hear a normal day re-told to you.

Anyway...I'm bored, my life is boring and this blog...may also equal that. Hope you day has been slightly more interesting than mine! =D

2 comments:

  1. well, if it's any conselation, my life's boring too!! :) we can be boring together!!
    you're doing better than me...im lucky to get 1 blog every 2 months!!! :P
    oh hey, WHERE'S MY EMAIL!?!?!??!?!?!??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Ash - I love your blog! And I don't think it's fair for you to compare your blog to mine. I read a lot of other blogs and sometimes I fall into that trap. If you look at my blog, I only have 31 followers. I only ever get maybe 5 comments on average per post. Some other blogs that I read have something like 500 followers and sometimes I've seen them with hundreds and hundreds of comments!! So then when I compare MY little blog to theirs, I feel so insignificant too.

    I'm not a writer. I know that English has never been my strong point. You are MUCH better with words than I am and than I have ever been! (and you take awesome pictures too!!)

    What I think you need to do is to ask yourself "what is the purpose of this blog?" and if it is for you personally, and for your family and friends, then remember that and just write for them and for yourself. Don't worry about how many people read it.

    If the purpose is for LOTS of people to read it then there are ways to get more readers - one way is to read more blogs that are similar to yours and comment on them. People will often wonder "who is that commenting on my blog?" and they'll go and check it out (you can use your Google profile to comment so that they can find your blog that way).

    For me, my purpose in the blog is two-fold. One, it is to keep family and friends up to date about our situation. And two, it is to help people who might find themselves in similar situations to us so that they can read about OUR experience and hopefully it can help them. I'm not doing it to be one of the most read blogs, and while I'd love to have 500 followers, I'm not really willing to put in the amount of work that I would need to do in order to make my blog THAT appealing to others.

    A boring life is in the eye of the beholder - and there are LOTS of blogs out there of people with a pretty boring life. There are some GREAT blogs out there of people who don't have anything remarkable about them.

    What you DO have and what you need to remember is that while you might not have a baby with dwarfism like me - you have things that I don't have too. Like a special way with words, for example (you're much more like your brother than me in that area!)

    I hope that you keep blogging because I love reading what you have to say, even if it's just about your thoughts or about nothing much :)

    *hugs* Love you!! xox

    ReplyDelete